Enemy Within is the seventh solo studio album by English singer-songwriter and guitarist Chris Spedding . The album was originally released in October 1986, on New Rose Records in France, and in Germany on Date Records . The album was recorded over a period of three years starting in 1982, at three different recording studios. The album is generally considered to be the culmination of the smoother, more adult-oriented sound of Spedding’s later work. It was the six-year follow-up to his 1980 album I’m Not Like Everybody Else . The album features contributions from Tom Finn , Anton Fig , David Van Tieghem , Jimmy Zoppi, and Keith Lentin . The album was his last recording of original material for four years, until he released Cafe Days , in 1990.
When the album was released in late 1986, it was largely unnoticed by the public, being a commercial disappointment, and even missed the album charts worldwide, all of his solo albums (to date).
It was later picked up by Records Records in 2001, featuring rare bonus content. With the original album digitally remastered from the original 1/2 “mix tapes, the bonus content consists of one outtake, and one live track.
Enemy Within reviews of contemporary music critics . In his retrospective review for AllMusic , Mike DeGagne has rated the album two and one half stars out of five. The album is ready for the album “enough fragments of mild rockabilly, pop, and traditional rock & roll.” They also added that it was “awful lot like Mark Knopfler “. However, they commented that “Spedding fails to unleash any real surprises” 
|2.||” Love’s Made a Fool of You “||4:03|
|3.||“Signs Of Love”||2:19|
|4.||“Street Walkin ‘”||3:20|
|11.||” Shakin ‘All Over “||2:36|
- Additional tracks
|Bonus tracks on compact disc release|
Credits are adapted from the album’s liner notes. 
- Chris Spedding – lead vocals; lead guitars; bass guitars; Casio synthesizer
- Anton Fig – drums; percussion
- Carter Cathcart – bass guitar; keyboards
- Amanda Blue – backing vocals
- Additional musicians
- Keith Lentin – bass guitar; backing vocals on “Hologram”
- Cedric Samson – backing vocals on “Hologram”
- Diane Murray – backing vocals on “Hologram”
- David Van Tieghem – Drums on “Go West”
- David Leboult – Keyboards on “Go West”
- Chris Bishop – backing vocals on “Go West”
- Tom Finn – backing vocals on “Go West”
- Jump up^ http://www.chrisspedding.com/solo/album/ew/ew.htm
- ^ Jump up to:a b DeGagne, Mike. “Mike DeGagne – Enemy Within” . AllMusic . Retrieved February 24, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Enemy Within liner notes. New Rose Records. 1986.