Tomb of the Mutilated by the American death metal band Cannibal Corpse . It was released in 1992 through Blade Records and is the last album recorded with the original bands, as founding guitarist Bob Rusay left the album’s release. The album was banned in Germany , due to the violent cover and the extreme nature of the lyrics.
Because the liner notes on Butchered by Albert Fish , American serial killer , he is often incorrectly credited with being the voice of the “Addicted to Vaginal Skin”. However, the title of the song is probably more important than the “Genesee River Killer” Arthur Shawcross . 
The song ” Hammer Smashed Face ” was featured on the band in the movie Ace Ventura: Pet Detective , and downloadable content for the Rock Band video game series . The song “I Cum Blood” is also featured in the game Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned .
Esteemed reviewers Jack Murray and Connur Joyce have both stated their belief that the subject is a high-concept album concerned with extreme necrophilia and sadism. Murray said “It’s a very clever idea involving the rape and murder of a young girl with a large knife, and continuing to rape the corpse until orgasm.” This theme is particularly present in the last four tracks on the album “,  while Joyce advertised in Finnish metal magazine Mutilate, “The album has heavy connotations throughout. It’s definitely linked to the last three tracks. mental state of the protagonist. ”
Chris Barnes stated on page 71 of the June 2008 issue of Decibel Magazine that “Entrails Ripped from a Virgin’s Cunt was based on two brothers, one of whom was semi-retarded, who were serving life. This is a freaked me out. ” Barnes was referring to.
|Rock Hard (de)||8.5 / 10 |
Reviewers praised the album. Heavy metal webzine Kicked in the Face stated, “I loved every second of it.” This is a must for any Cannibal Corpse fan. they’re pretty damn good. ” 
Metal Storm announced “The music is a little more complex and better elaborated, the effort is shown in ‘Hammer Smashed Face’ with maddening and unforgettable riffs, a crushing bass playing, and incredibly fast drumming, and ‘I Cum Blood’ showing incredible pulsations … a high-quality album in general, one of the greatest albums in Cannibal Corpse history and maybe in Death Metal history too “. 
In 2005, Tomb of the Mutilated was published in Rock hard magazine’s book of The 500 Greatest Rock & Metal Albums of All Time . 
All lyrics and vocal arrangements by Chris Barnes ; music by Cannibal Corpse.
|1.||” Hammer Smashed Face “||4:02|
|2.||“I Cum Blood”||3:40|
|3.||“Addicted to Vaginal Skin”||3:29|
|4.||“Split Wide Open”||3:01|
|6.||“The Cryptic Stench”||3:57|
|7.||“Entrails Ripped from a Virgin’s Cunt”||4:14|
|8.||“Post Mortal Cumshot”||3:35|
|9.||“Beyond the Cemetery”||4:52|
|10.||“I Cum Blood (Live)” (2002 remastered edition bonus track)||4:13|
- Cannibal Corpse
- Chris Barnes – vocals
- Bob Rusay – lead guitar
- Jack Owen – lead / rhythm guitar
- Alex Webster – bass guitar
- Paul Mazurkiewicz – drums
- Pat O’Brien – lead guitar on live bonus track
- George “Corpsegrinder” Fisher – vocals on live bonus track
- Produced , engineered and mixed by Scott Burns
- Jump up^ Cannibal Corpse FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- Jump up^ Jack (2010-11-26). “Previously something quite offensive and self-aggrandising, now- Film Reviews !: Tomb of the Mutilated” . Savant-thoughts.blogspot.com . Retrieved 2012-03-12 .
- Jump up^ http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/9802/Cannibal-Corpse-Tomb-of-the-Mutilated/
- Jump up^ Albrecht, Frank. “Rock Hard review” . issue 65 . Retrieved 1 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ Cannibal Corpse – Tomb of the Mutilated review
- Jump up^ Cannibal Corpse – Tomb of the Mutilated – Metal Storm
- Jump up^ […], Rock Hard (Hrsg.). [Red .: Michael Rensen. Mitarb .: Götz Kühnemund] (2005). Best of Rock & Metal die 500 stärksten Scheiben go Zeiten . Königswinter: Heel. p. 103. ISBN 3-89880-517-4 .